Thursday 31 December 2020

Winter Blessings and Beauties, Day 61: Cleansing on New Year's Eve

 


Every year on New Year's Eve, I turn my attentions to tidying up loose ends, cleaning the house physically and cleansing it energetically. I began this tradition almost by accident, but the idea really resonates with me, and so I have continued it each year. New Year's Eve is also the day I conclude my annual Clean Start Soap Spell, so this morning saw me diligently using up the last slivers of soap. Interestingly, this year they seemed reluctant to finally dissolve away, so I'm taking that as an unfortunate omen that the issues and energies of 2020 will be tenaciously hanging on into 2021. Be that as it may, I'm cleaning and cleansing in preparation for a fresh new start tomorrow. Won't you join me?

Winter Blessings and Beauties: Day 61

Cleansing on New Year's Eve

There are many ways you can clean and cleanse in preparation for the New Year. Clean your home, bathe yourself, do an energetic cleansing of yourself and your surroundings. Here are some ideas.

  • Tidy your home, putting things away in their proper places and throwing away/giving away/donating to charity anything which is no longer required. 
  • Clean your home - wipe down surfaces, sweep the floor, scrub the sink.
  • Put fresh bedlinen on your bed, clean towels in the bathroom and clean tea-towels in the kitchen.
  • Wash, dry and put away the dishes after your meal.
  • Wash and valet your car.
  • Open all the windows for at least 10 minutes to allow fresh air to circulate.
  • Do an energetic space cleansing by sprinkling a little salt water around the perimeter of each room and at each door and window.
  • Use a singing bowl or a smudge stick to cleanse your home and yourself of any negative energy.
For more inspiration on cleansing your space (including recipes for making your own magical cleaning products) see my post on Magical Spring Cleaning.

No comments: