Sunday 15 November 2020

Winter Blessings and Beauties, Day 15: Turn It Around





'Winter Blessings and Beauties' is now on day 15! I can't believe I've been disciplined enough to manage to post every day so far - I hope to be able to continue all the way through to Imbolc. An interesting side-benefit for me is that I have been engaging far more mindfully with Winter than I normally do, and I'm feeling quite positively towards the season as a result. How is the experiment working for you up to now? 

It's not that I expect to be full of the joys of Winter from beginning to end - I really dislike the kind of fake positivity that would require. But I am hoping to be more aware and appreciative of the positive aspects of the season, and so far that seems to be the case.

But if appreciating Winter still feels like a bit of an uphill struggle how about this - give a bit of thought to the things which seeing as it's winter, you don't have to worry about. Things like... wasps. Sunburn. Mosquito bites. Hay-fever. Mowing the lawn. You get the picture! Once you start making a list it's quite surprising how many burdens are lifted by the presence of Winter.

Winter Blessings and Beauties: Day 15

Turn it Around

Instead of pining for the things you miss about the summer, try making a list of the things you don't miss at all! What made you uncomfortable? What was inconvenient or difficult? What extra expenses were incurred? What extra chores were necessary? Think about how grateful you are for not having to waste any time or energy on any of these things during Winter! 



 

No comments: