Friday 8 February 2008

Tag - I'm It!


I've been tagged for an archive meme by Willow at Contemplating Change. There are five categories under which I have to link back to a previous post. Below are the rules and categories:
Archive Meme Instructions: Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you’ve written. … but there is a catch:

Link 1 must be about family.
Link 2 must be about friends.
Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are… what you’re all about.
Link 4 must be about something you love.
Link 5 can be anything you choose.

I think this is a great way to circulate some of the great older posts everyone had written, return to a few great places in our memories and also learn a little something about ourselves and each other that we may not know. Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least TWO of the people you tag must be *newer acquaintances so that you get to know each other better….and don’t forget to read the archive posts and leave comments!

So... here goes!

1. Family. I choose 'Laughing, Loving and Loved', which I wrote last year about my brother's amazing 40th birthday party. It really was a fantastic evening, such a success in fact that he's repeating it this year (although of course it's his 41st this time - sorry to remind you, Michael!). And can I cheat? Yeah, why not - I also choose 'Full'. It's only tiddly, but like 'Laughing, Loving and Loved', it brings back happy memories of good times with my family.

2. Friends. Has to be 'Confessions of a Fairy Goddessmother'. This post celebrates just one of the many ways Kevin and Ann have been the most wonderful friends to us. We are very lucky to have such people in our lives.

3. Myself, who I am… what I'm all about. Well, this presents more of a problem! I'm not sure I've written that much about who I really am. As a fairly typical Cancerian, I tend to keep the true, inner me pretty well guarded behind my protective shell. And on this blog I've retained a degree of anonimity as I prefer to keep my Pagan self in the broomcloset due to my evangelical Christian neighbours. Well darn, I guess that means I've just told you two big things about who I am and what I'm all about! This blogging lark is clearly a slippery slope for secretive types like myself! Having started the process I may as well go the whole hog and remind you that in 'Interview', Tori managed to get me to reveal a lot more than just my name, rank and serial number.

4. Something I Love. Oh, this is much easier - except perhaps I have too much to choose from! Dang, I'll have to choose two again - 'Gratitude and Joy' and 'Beltane'. These are about two things I'm so looking forward to again this year - the beginning of summer and Witchcamp!

5. Anything I choose. Ooh, hard to choose again. But I think it'll be 'Magic in the Mist'. This was a post I was really proud of. I hope you like it too.

So, that's my five (oops, sorry, seven...) posts.

And now I must pass the baton on to five more people. I choose the following lovely bloggers:

Tori at 'When I Finally Decided to Get It',

Fiona at 'The Cottage Smallholder',

Kitchen Witch at er, 'Kitchen Witch'

Breezy at 'Breezy Break Blog'

and Boho Mom at 'Words of a Bohemian Mom'


Tag, you're it!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for tagging me!
I am excited to do this and already tried starting, but I can't figure out how to post a link for something really old in my archives....can you give me simple directions if you don't mind?

Thanks so much
Hope all is well :)

Moonroot said...

Hi Tori,
What I did was too go back to the post in question, click on the title and then copy'n'paste the link from the top of the page. But I see from your older posts that they are untitled, and clicking on the date doesn't seem to work that way... Could you go into 'Edit Posts' and click on 'View' and get the hyperlink addy that way?
Failing that I guess the only thing you could do would either be to give people the dates so they can go back into the archives and find the post themselves (only slightly more time-consuming than a hyperlink), or copy'n'paste the text straight into the new post.
Looking forward to reading the finished meme, anyway!

Cottage Smallholder said...

Thanks for tagging me. I'll enjoy doing this.

Reya Mellicker said...

All your posts are beautiful. How in the world did you come to a decision?? Fun to re-read them, though.

Love to you!

deborahoak said...

wonderful!!! what a nice exercise, and isn't it nice to have over a year of posts to choose from? So glad you are in the blogospere, susan!