Friday 1 February 2008

Brigid in Cyberspace Poetry Reading: 'Day Dream' by ASJ Tessimond

I'm posting a day early as I will be out all day tomorrow at an Imbolc event celebrating Brigid. Happy Imbolc/Brigid/Candlemas/Groundhog Day everyone!



Day Dream

One day people will touch and talk perhaps
easily,
And loving be natural as breathing and warm as
sunlight,
And people will untie themselves, as string is unknotted,
Unfold and yawn and stretch and spread their fingers,
Unfurl, uncurl like seaweed returned to the sea,
And work will be simple and swift
as a seagull flying,
And play will be casual and quiet
as a seagull settling,
And the clocks will stop, and no one will wonder
or care or notice,
And people will smile without reason,
Even in winter, even in the rain.



ASJ Tessimond

11 comments:

Reya Mellicker said...

So mote it be!

Thank you for this gorgeous poem. Happy birthday of spring!

Zahara Celestial said...

thankyou also...for your poem. 'even in the winter...even in the rain' connects me with the feeling I sometimes get in when in London/this city of battling with the elements rather than befriending them. Though I must say sometimes diffcult with umbrella rage at rush hour!
Happy Birthday Brigid...'even' in London I have felt Spring.

Unknown said...

I have been blog hopping and have found you and have been spending a wonderful time reading your posts - still more to catch up on though

Miss Robyn said...

don't forget me down here in New South Wales.. the opposite side of the wheel & lammas for me!

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

beautiful, thank you:)

kathyann said...

I've never really liked poetry,could be something to do with a teacher at school!although I have really been enjoying the poems and quotes that people have been putting on their blogs ,it has really made me realise what I have missed out on all these years!love from Kathyann and the girls

Lizl Bennefeld said...

Someday ...

Thank you for the wonderful poem.

Hecate said...

Oh, how lovely!

deborahoak said...

oh yes, so mote it be!!! this is perfect.thank you!

fiona said...

this is lovely, thank you :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.