Friday 12 September 2008

A Long Overdue Thank You!



Rather belatedly, I'd like to thank Andy at The Spiritual Journey of a Somerset Pagan, and Livia Indica at Magic in These Hills for nominating me for the 'I love your blog' award.


Many, many thanks to both of you for the honour! I love your blogs too, so it means a lot that you would pick me.

The Rules for those receiving an award are:

  1. The winner can put the logo on their blog
  2. Link the person you received the award from
  3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
  4. Put links of those blogs on yours
  5. Leave a message on the blogs nominated


My nominations include some lovely blogs I've discovered in recent months. I send awards showering down on:

  1. Mitchell Mutt at The Book Rant, whose posts are unfailingly short, to the point and hilarious;
  2. Mimi at Little Sips of Tea, a delicious comfort-blanket of a blog;
  3. Rima at The Hermitage, a magical wonderland of quirky creativity;
  4. Mike at Team Spirit because I am so enjoying Drood's adventures and can't wait for Chapter 8;
  5. The Awakened Heart, down to earth, spiritual and often downright funny - lovely!;
  6. Aims at Big Blue Barn West - Aims' moving story is so beautifully and honestly told I am quite addicted;
  7. Paul at Moon and Raven, because it's always well-written, thought-provoking and he covers such a diverse range of subjects.
I'm really surprised how easy it was to pick seven - how hard to stop at seven, in fact. It goes to prove that there really are a lot of wonderful blogs out there to enjoy. I recommend all of the above for your viewing/reading pleasure.

11 comments:

aims said...

Oh Sweetie! Thank you! What an incredible honour it is to be given this award. I'm really humbled to be included in your 7!

Thank you - thank you - thank you!

And thanks for your lovely words. I had no idea you were 'addicted'! :0)

Livia Indica said...

You're very welcome!

The Awakened Heart said...

Wow, thank you. What a lovely surprise that was - I'm very touched that you like my blog and that it was in your top 7. That's awesome. Your blog is beautiful and I hope that you continue to write and hope, explore and heal. Pema Chodron 'When things fall apart' would be a good place to start right now, I think. That or The Places That Scare You. Warm hugs.

This Guy said...

Awards are SO much fun, and very well deserved!!! Congrats Guys and Gals! :)

Mimi said...

What a wonderful thing to find on a Saturday afternoon! You are so very kind, thank you, thank you, thank you! Should you ever find yourself passing my way, my kettle is ready as is my biscuit tin!

Rima Staines said...

Thanks so much for this, I am honoured to be included in your list... All the best to you
Rima

Anonymous said...

Congrats!
You so deserve it!
Now, I'm off to take a peek at these blogs you've recommended.
xo

Mike Farley said...

Oh bless you! Thank you so much. I am honestly very deeply touched that you like the story so much. Makes me feel guilty that I haven't added to it for such a long time. Something I must put more effort into.

Zahara Celestial said...

Great to see Hermitage on the list and the book-rant made me laugh so many times it's on my list of favourates!
I worked in the Nat Gallery Bookshop for 10 years brings back memories!
I am an inverted snob...so when I was asked by one rather posh loud speaking/demanding customer which poster would go with their sitting room. I was perplexed why they wanted my view? And what exactly could I say given that I hadn't seen their sitting room or their furniture...I remember being lost for words... I once made the mistake of asking what mood they wanted to bring into the room and had they a current favourate...no they didn't have a favourate and their room was the colour blue...the result was that both of us thought the other very strange...anyway...he is much more witty than me. I will enjoy reading. Thanks
:o)

Paul Rousselle said...

Thanks, you wonderful, wonderful woman! I've started reading some of the blogs you've nominated :)

Unknown said...

Why thank you kindly pagan lady.
I shall put a flower on my altar in the bookshop in your honour, and promise never to send any of my customers in your directions.