Tuesday 20 November 2007

There's No Place Like Home (or Ramblings From A Jetlagged Brain...)


I'm just back from a whirlwind trip to the US, to attend the annual face-to-face meeting of Witchcamp Council. WCC meets in person and on-line to discuss policy and cultural development of Reclaiming Witchcamps, share information between camps (how we do this, what worked on that), problem solve etc. I was representing Avalon Spring, my home camp.


I travelled to New Hampshire from Wales for the meeting, leaving home on the morning of Wednesday 14th November and arriving back yesterday morning (Monday 19th November). Can you say jetlag?


Having spent the time with a magical group of witches in a magical (snowy) landscape, and with jetlag added into the mix, my muddled brain feels rather like I've just returned from Oz.


I just keep tapping my ruby slippers together and murmuring, "There's No Place Like Home, There's No Place Like Home..."


...And when I opened my eyes this morning I was back in my own bed!


4 comments:

Reya Mellicker said...

If I were there I would make you a cup of tea and take it to you so you could stay curled up in your bed until the jet lag passes.

I bet you have wonderful stories from the gathering. It sounds divine.

But it's true, there's no place like home. Welcome back!

Zahara Celestial said...

Hi,

wow...I didn't know you were going to the WitchCamp Council...I might know how you're feeling having done similar crazy whirlwind journey's.
What was amazing experiences was being put up by people who I had never met. They were so welcoming.
And I loved the Consensus process of the Council meetings. The meetings were really big but facilitated and engaged with wonderfully. I learnt so much.
I remember also the huge urge to want to sleep in the day and having to fight to keep my eyelids open. The worst was trying to discuss teaching/planning for Avalon with jetlag!...umm....
I look forward to hearing all ~ as Reya says ~ your wonderful stories.

Miss Robyn said...

so that is where you have been! wow!

Miss Robyn said...

ps, peppermint is good for jetlag as is lavender xo