Tuesday 20 November 2007

Ten of my US Trip Highlights



  1. A fresh fall of snow when we awoke on Friday morning.
  2. The chance to hang out with old friends... and make new ones.
  3. My first S'more - they're one of those American popular culture things that I've read about for years without ever trying one, so I was overjoyed to actually taste one at last! (For any Brits or other non-Americans reading this who haven't heard of S'mores, they're a campfire delicacy - toasted marshmallow and chocolate sandwiched between Graham crackers [like digestive bisuits]. The name is a contraction of 'some more' as in "I want some more!")
  4. Seeing the brilliant colours of the New England autumn leaves on the bus journey back to Boston to catch the plane.
  5. Listening to Willow, Melissa and Raven drumming and singing the afternoon before the meeting started.
  6. An amazing backrub from William!
  7. The stories and offerings at the Bardic Circle, some moving, some hilarious...
  8. The food! Wonderful cooking from our hostess, Claudia.
  9. Watching people dance in the snow.
  10. The beautiful Maine Coon Cats belonging to our hosts.

10 comments:

kathyann said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time !Welcome back.Looking forward to hearing more about your trip ! Kathyann(meg's mum's muffins )

Miss Robyn said...

sounds like a pretty good time to me.. but home is wonderful, don't you think? There is nothing like coming home from time away, putting the key in the door and turning the handle :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful....just beautiful!
So glad you enjoyed your visit.
xo

Unknown said...

I wish I had known that you were going to be in NH. I am so close by. I would have loved to meet you. Where abouts in New Hampshire were you?

Reya Mellicker said...

S'mores I can live without, though I agree they're worth trying at least once, but backrubs and people dancing in the snow?? Sounds absolutely divine!

Anonymous said...

lovely!
my favorite is "watching people dance in the snow."
how dreamy....

mccabe x

Moonroot said...

Thank you all - it was a great time (also hard work - we were actually in meetings most of the time!).
Tori, I would love to meet up with you some time. Wish I'd thought of it in time! However, I am now talking with a friend from Massachusetts about perhaps doing a house-swap holiday with her sometime, maybe next year. Perhaps we could arrange something then?

Moonroot said...

P.S. I was staying near Grantham, NH.

Sandra Evertson said...

Lovely blog!
Sandra Evertson

laoi gaul~williams said...

sounds abslutely fantastic!